Thursday, April 6, 2017

Learning Letter "M"

The letter of the week is the Most Marvelous letter "M m"

     Because there are so many words that begin with letter "Mm" it was difficult to decide what exercises to work into my weekly lesson plan. I use a mix of various mediums because it is the best way to help the kids memorize the letter and the sound it makes. 

For letter "Mm" I used these mediums:

Videos

Letter M Song by ABC Mouse                            
Olive & The Rhyme Rescue Crew

Crafts

Books

If you Give a Moose a Muffin
If you Give a Mouse a Cookie

Music

Mary had a Little Lamb (Emphasize Mary by singing her name long and slow or with a silly voice)
I knew a Letter that Made a Sound and M was her Name-O (basically replace spelling out B-I-N-G-O with the sound each letter makes)

Activities

Five Little Monkey's Jumping on the Bed (I don't usually go along with jumping on the furniture, but I have an old sofa that the kids were allowed to bounce on and jump off to act out the monkey moves)

"Mm" themed lunches and snacks

Macaroni and Cheese
Marinara and Meatballs 
Marshmellow Cereal (dry as an afternoon snack)
Muffins
Mango Milkshakes (some kids are so picky, but when it's an experiment they will try a new food and with my littles, 2 out of 3 loved it the day we tried this recipe.)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Learning Letter "N" with a Notion For Nonsense